“Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today”.
The session 2018-19 saw DPSG International reaching the pinnacle of success and adding many feathers to its cap.
Apart from being the 68th IB World School in Asia Pacific Region for the Primary Years Program, the school has also been certified for the School Quality Management System Standard by ISO 9001-2021.
DPSG International has been accredited with the International School Award by British Council for 2018-2021.
The school has made its mark for several initiatives and ventures. The school has been awarded for Preparing the Students to Succeed in 21st Century by Future 50 Schools Shaping Success.
The school was also ranked First in challengers category by Times of India.
Education Today recognised our efforts and awarded the school in the category Providng Individual Attention to students.
The rigorous training in the teething years holds them in good stead and helps them expand their capacity in the quest of new milestones.
The school has yet again produced an outstanding Board result. In Class XII Paavni Gaur with 96.6% emerged as the School Topper in Science stream, while Aman Garg and Mesha Gupta topped in Commerce with 96% and in Humanities Anjali Singh topped with 95.8%. Deepanshi Gupta with 93.8% is the PCB topper. We proudly announce that with 84% school average, 100% students cleared the exams with 42.6% students getting above 90% and 86.7% distinctions in different subjects.
Adding more to the achievements list, four of our students made us proud by clearing the IIT Mains Exams, and six students cracked NEET.
Other students have joined different institutions of national and international repute pursuing higher studies.
In class X too, our students proved their mettle yet again, Parth Agarwal with 98% emerged as the School Topper. With 84.6% students getting distinctions and 100% students clearing the exam, the school average in class X was 84.6%.
30 students of DPSGI were felicitated for scoring more than 90% in Hindi in CBSE Class X boards by Hindi Bhasha Academy. Parth Agarwal was awarded a special award and cash prize for scoring 100% marks. Two faculty members Dr. Reena Agarwal and Ms. Garima Arya were also felicitated.
Akshat Agarwal, Krishna Kansal, Harshita Uppal and Shantanu Agarwal were the proud recipient of a medal and Certificate of appreciation at NSTSE 2018
Our students did the school proud by securing Zonal, State, National and International ranks in different Olympiads.
Four of our students qualified for the second round of National Level Ideation and Entrepreneurship Challenge -Innoventure organised by Intelligence Plus.
- Manan Srivastava, Anant Upadhyaya and Anya Agarwal of Class II bagged the First Prize in Design Your Spoon Competition in Compufest.
- 5 Students of Classes IV and V did the school proud by winning Second Prize in Weave a Story Competition.
- At Aahan our peers won laurels by winning IIIrd Prize in Graffonage, Sign-Ensign, Carton ‘O’ Mascot and Bag It.
- Our students bagged the Runners’ Up trophy In Erudite and Cuisine De France at Abhivyakti.
- Lavish Daksh brought laurels home by winning Third position in Innovation Science Exhibition conducted by DPSG Meerut Road.
- Yashwin Pant and Jai Khurana of Class X participated in All India Asteroid Search Campaign (AIASC) conducted by SPACE India in collaboration with IASC Hardin Simmons University, Texas.
- At “SANGAM”-Multitude of Languages organised by DPSG Meerut Road, our students won laurels by winning 1st position in Role Play, French and German Cuisine second place in French Singing Competition
- Yash Tyagi of Class VI and Khushbu Nischal, Manvi Chauhan and Vardaan Chauhaan of Class VII did the school proud by winning the Quiz Competition organized at Alliance Française, on the occasion of world Francophonie Day.
- Srijita Pal of Class VI was selected for the BEE State Level Painting competition organized under the supervision of NTPC Ltd. Lucknow.
- 10 students participated in BBPS Model United Nations Conference where they participated in brainstorming sessions on Situation in Afganistan and UNHRC. Ayush Dube, Shreyash Dube, Gaurang Modi and Devak Singh got Honorable Mention from their respective juries.
- In the Annual QMUN held at Sela Qui International School Dehradun Shreyash Dube won the Best Delegate award.
Events hosted by DPSGI
- DPSGI organised Ramanujan Mathematician Of the Year Contest where more than 1200 students from Delhi-NCR participated.
- The school also organized Gram-VO-Cab an English Olympiad, where more than 900 students from Ghaziabad and Noida participated.
- Vivacity 2018 was an amalgamation of music, dance, theater and art where students of 10 schools from the NCR participated in various events
- The school organized an Inter School Commerce Fest Yothopia 2018 where more than 12 schools participated.
- At Spandan - 2018, DPSG International won the first place in Fusion Dance and second position in classical Song.
- We organized a painting competition Strokes of Colors on 19th Over 70 children of all age groups participated in three categories and won prizes.
- The primary wing organized its Annual Function- Once in Kathanagar in school amphitheatre. Mrs. Asha Sharma, Mayor, Ghaziabad, Ms. Aparna Jha, Sr. Advocate Supreme Court and Mr. Pankaj Pandey, DIOS graced the occasion with their presence. Mr. Anshul Pathak Vice Chairman and Treasurer DPSG Society and Chairman DPSG International presided over the function.
The students have kept the DPSGI banner flying high in the field of Sports as well.
- Ujjwal Gupta has been selected to represent Indian Taekwondo Team in Above 63 KG category at International Taekwondo Championship in Bhutan in December.
- Aniruddh Tyagi and Osho Teerth Bhardwaj have been selected to represent UP in SSFI Nationals.
- The school cricket team won the IIIrd Place in District Inter School Tennis Ball Cricket Tournament.
- Our friends won 6 Gold, 2 Silver and 1 Bronze at First Gautam Buddha Taekwondo Championship organized by District Taekwondo Association, Gautam Buddh Nagar at NOIDA Stadium.
- Shahid of Class IX was selected in District Tennis Cricket team to represent Ghaziabad in state championship and has been selected in Ghaziabad District Cricket Team for SSPF State Tournament to be held in Agra later this month.
- Tejal Khurana won the Bronze medal in CBSE Taekwondo Championship.
- Suryansh Tomar was selected in SGFI National Trials in U14 category for CBSE Welfare Society.
- Aniruddh Tyagi and Osho Teerth Bhardwaj won First and Second position respectively in Inter School Skating Competition at Subharti University organised by Krida Bharti.
- Lavish Daksh, Vansh Sharma, Saurabh Nagar, and Mayank Tyagi were selected in SSPF UP Football Team to participate in the Nationals.
- The school organized the 3rd Inter School 7A Side Football Tournament which saw the participation of over 45 teams in 3 categories.
- The school hosted two day DPSGS Athletic and Cultural Meet, where all nine schools of DPSG group of schools participated in athletic and cultural events. The overall winner for the Cultural meet was DPSG International and in the Athletic events DPSG Meerut Road was adjudged the champions.
Special assembly/ Celebration
Special assemblies are organised to celebrate the diversity and multicultural ethos of India. We create awareness of India’s common cultural heritage, social justice and compassion, democracy, gender equality, concern for environment, scientific outlook and spirit of enquiry by celebrating all festivals.
Celebrating important days helps children to imbibe knowledge and values specific to that day. During Diwali celebrations children collected huge amount of eatables, books, stationery items, medicines etc. and distributed among the underprivileged children.
Regular SPIC MACAY programmes are held in the school to sensitize, and familiarise the students to the Indian culture and tradition. The school organized a mesmerizing Odissi performance by Ms. Kavita Dwibedi.
Summer Camp, Leadership Camp Investiture
With yoga, aerobics, movie making, public speaking, craft work, baking, dance, theatre and splash pool the summer Camp organised in May was the perfect time for kids to let loose their carefree spirit and experience joyful learning.
This year an extensive 5day leadership camp was held at Dharamshala where 60 students participated in various adventure activities and leadership training session. Through these camps the school encourages self discipline, creativity, independence of thought by conducting various life skill sessions on Time Management, Decision Making, SWOT Analysis, Ethical Values and Etiquette.
The new batch of leaders for 2018-19 session was sworn in at the Investiture Ceremony presided over by Mr. Anshul Pathak Chairman DPSG International and Vice Chairman and Treasurer DPSG Society in the presence of their parents and peers. Sarthak Upadhyaya and Ananya Kalra were sworn in as Head Boy and Head Girl respectively.
DPSG International takes pride in equipping its students in educational as well as social skills.
In order to promote a healthy lifestyle, regular Fitness Drives and Yoga Mornings are organized at different localities of Ghaziabad and Hapur. To spread awareness on keeping India clean, the students organized rallies and street plays spreading awareness about Swachh Bharat. Vigilance awareness week was organised with a panel discussion on Eradicate Corruption- Build a New India.
Trips and excursions help students learn through visual experience and are an interesting way to explore new things. They are the best way to give hands on experience and practical exposure to new places, people, culture and heritage.
DPSGI values lifelong love of learning and motivate students to explore and discover new things. Subject weeks are organised to make children put into practical use the knowledge and information gleaned from books and class room lessons. Through myriad of activities, exhibition, inter class and inter house competitions we encourage creativity and out of the Box thinking in all subjects.
All the classes have their Class Presentations on issues or causes relevant to their age. Ensuring 100% participation, class presentations are instrumental in developing the physical, emotional, creative, and social well-being of children.
In order to build every child’s confidence and self-esteem and offer a strong development programme where integrated studies and hands on experience inspire a love for learning, the school organises several workshops, Career Counselling and Life Skill Sessions. Different sessions were conducted by eminent educationists, professionals, counselors to abreast them of the latest education and career options available in Law, Management, Hospitality and Mass Communication.
In order to update and train, Workshops, pre service and in service trainings are regularly organized for the faculty as well. Subject specific workshops organized by TEACHERSITY, Capacity Building Program by CBSE, Sessions on Technology in Education Organized by Microsoft, workshops on Out of the Box Thinking, Gender Sensitivity, Goal setting etc. were attended by teachers.
FDPs strengthen the skills and help them win laurels.
- Payal Goel attended Microsoft Education Exchange Program in Singapore. She was the only teacher from Pan India to emerge as a winner in Educators’ Challenge Category.
- Dilip Kumar Mandal’s painting “After Rain” and “Old Street” won the Utkrisht Kriti Award.
The path from Dreams to Success does exist
Needed is the vision to find it
Courage to get on it and
Perseverance to follow it